OVIQ Inspection Editor – Editing/Authoring
Audience: OVID Inspectors
This chapter will cover the following areas:
Creating an inspection
The process of creating a new inspection takes the following steps:
Inspection metadata step 1: Select the document type (OVIQ 7011 is currently the only OVID inspection document) and the booking code supplied by the submitting member. The inspection is created offline so a new unique report name is defined and assigned at this point. Upon submission when the booking code is validated against the OCIMF OVID servers the genuine report name of the inspection will be automatically assigned. If you do not know the booking code at this stage it can be left blank and assigned later.
Inspection metadata step 2: Select the commissioner (submitting member), vessel name, form of identification (IMO, registered number, VIN or OVID ID) and identification number. One form of unique identifier for the vessel is mandatory. These details can be edited later.
Select vessel operations: the submitting member will have selected the vessel operations which are required for the OVIQ configuration, these must be entered here. This select will control visibility of chapters, sections and questions within the OVIQ template. This selection can be altered at a later stage and the template reconfigured.
Select vessel variants: the submitting member will also have selected the vessel variants required for the OVIQ configuration which must be selected here.
The blank inspection will then show in the editor. Information from the inspection metadata setup which is relevant to questions in the OVIQ template will be pre-filled, as per questions 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and 1.1.9 as below.
Using the editing/authoring interface
The editing/authoring interface has the following features:
- Save: the document is on a 10 second auto-save timer, however, this button can be used to manually save the document
- Export: this button displays a “save as” dialog to allow the user to select a file name and location to which the inspection will be exported.
Details: this button displays a window within which the key metadata of the inspection entered during the new inspection process can be changed.
- View/Print: this button displays a window to select the report output type (see specific section below)
- Template: this button displays a window to re-configure the vessel operations and variants selected during the new inspection process
- Spell check: spell checking is carried out automatically while editing or reviewing text entered into a large text entry box (feature is not enabled for single line text entry boxes) with suggested incorrect spelling being underlined (right click to review suggested alternatives). This button displays a window within which all multi-line text boxes in the questionnaire with suggested incorrect spelling are displayed.
- Show progress: click here to display a window listing all sections in the questionnaire with their completion status; whereby a green row is complete and a red row is incomplete.
- Submit: click here to submit the inspection document. Inspection documents can only be submitted when 100% complete and if the submitting member allows direct submission. If either of these conditions fails a warning message will be displayed.
- Close: click here to close the editing screen and return to the home screen
- Document navigator: the left of the three central display panels shows a document navigator to open the required chapter and click through the sections within. Sections in chapters will be marked with either a green tick (section is complete) or red cross (section is incomplete).
Question list: the middle of the three central display panels shows a list of questions within the section. If the question has been completed the response will be displayed below the question text and a green tick will be shown. If observations or comments have been entered for the question response an observations or comments icon will display; hover over the icon to display a quick view of the text entered.
- Question response: the right of the three central display panels shows all information relevant to the question and its response, including question number, question text, an appropriate collection of controls appropriate to the type of question (e.g. yes/no, free text, numeric, date, etc.), comments, observations and guidance.
Completion indicator: all questions apart from additions comments are mandatory. The progress through the total number of mandatory questions is shown in the completion indicator.
Hide/show unanswered questions: this link toggles between whether or not a completed question is shown in the question list
Last saved indicator: this text updates each time the contents of the document were saved either manually or by the auto-save trigger
Viewing/printing editor PDF reports
Click the “View/Print” button at the top of the document editing screen to open the printing options dialog box.
Select a report format from the following list:
- Complete report: All question responses and guidance are included
- Defects only: Only “inspection-type” questions with inspector observations will be included
- Standard: All question responses are included without guidance notes.
- Guidance Only: Only the guidance notes for the questions are included, not question responses
- Pocketbook: The same content as “standard” but in a Filofax-specific layout format
For each report format other than pocketbook the user also selects from A4 or Letter. This option defaults depending on the selection of “Editor localisation” in the settings menu.
Click the “View Report” button to generate and display the selected PDF report.
Changing inspection details and template selections
Click the “Details” button at the top of the document editing screen to open the inspection metadata options dialog box.
This option allows you to change the key configuration data entered during inspection creation. Where the data entered here is also included in the inspection report (e.g. IMO, Vessel Name) the appropriate question responses will also but updated upon clicking “Save Changes”.
Click the “Template” button at the top of the document editing screen to open the template variant selection wizard dialog box. Modifying the variant selections will rebuild the inspection template but responses will not be deleted.